Wednesday, October 12

Aloo Tikki Channa


Tonight we grabbed food from Bombay Chaat House, an Indian food cart downtown. I got the Aloo Tikki Channa: garbanzo beans, onions, spices, special fried potato tikki. They are super-accomodating to vegans and left the yogurt out of this dish for me.

I asked for medium spicy, and it was pretty hot! The channa was thick and sweeter than I'm used to, almost barbecue sauce-like. The fried potato patties hidden underneath were a nice treat, although I wish there was something green in there: broccoli or spinach.

Although I haven't been here in a while, this is my favorite place to get Indian food. It's consistently good, and the spices are fresh and authentic, and the prices are cheap. Can't beat a filling dinner for $4.50. If I had bought rice, this would've been an even-cheaper two meals.

Aloo Tikki Channa

2 comments:

  1. That looks great and I like the idea of fried potatoes with it too.

    There's no where near me where I can get vegan Indian food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try this cart! That looks so good. I am always drawn like a zombie to HGS when I am downtown.

    ReplyDelete

Photos, original recipes and text © Susan Kelley 2012. All rights reserved. Please credit me and link back to this site, or ask first.

Always read ingredient labels carefully (and re-read periodically) to make sure that products actually are vegan and/or gluten-free.