Saturday, October 29

Tofu Bo Bun


I am so excited to help test recipes for Terry Hope Romero's upcoming cookbook. Her most recent, Viva Vegan, is fantastic. There is an amazing variety of dishes from cuisines I thought I knew, and each recipe I've tried has surprised me with really solid results.

The upcoming cookbook has quite a mix of dishes. The first one that caught my eye was "Seitan Bo Bun," a variation on my very favorite Vietnamese dish, bun bi chay or vegetarian noodle salad. Of course I didn't make the tasty-sounding Five Spice Seitan; instead a pressed and marinated tofu to easily make the dish gluten-free.

It took more than an hour, but I was really impressed with the results. Everything came together beautifully and the sauce elevated the entire dish. I'm so excited for this cookbook!

Tofu Bo Bun

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that dish looks great. I love noodles & tofu & now I'm really excited for Terry's next book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really does look good, I can't wait for Terry's new book to come out!

    ReplyDelete

Photos, original recipes and text © Susan Kelley 2012. All rights reserved. Please credit me and link back to this site, or ask first.

Always read ingredient labels carefully (and re-read periodically) to make sure that products actually are vegan and/or gluten-free.